The disease burden of current neurological disorders , including degenerative, genetic and neurotoxic, require the development of new standards for drug development.
To meet this need, Axiogenesis has developed human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) derived dopaminergic neurons - Dopa.4UTM.
Dopa.4UTM represent an excellent in vitro model for efficacy, safety and toxicology studies with the following advantages:
- Fully differentiated, primary-like morphological, electrophysiological and pharmacological characteristics
- Long-term viability (> 50 days in culture)
- Ready-to-use (just thaw and plate)
- Quickly to implement: only 3 days pre-culture required post-thaw
- Suitable for HTS
- Applicable for drug development given presence of functional toxicity pathways (e.g. Parkinson’s Disease - MPP+, 6-OHDA)
Dopa.4UTM have been validated in the following assays and applications:
- Manual and automated patch clamp [ Poster ]
- Microelectrode array (MEA) [ Poster 1 ] [ Poster 2 ]
- Calcium transients
- Neurite outgrowth assay (high content analysis)
Next day delivery is available for both European and US customers.
Fig. 1: Manual patch clamp recordings (current clamp) of Dopa.4UTM neurons.